Cobra Check Mail
Notification, and view and delete email directly from your mail server(s) before downloading.
- Windows 32 / 64 bit
- XP | 7 | 8 | 10 | Server
- Version: 1.26
Simply and easily monitor for mail on any number of your POP3 mail servers, including secure servers that use SSL such as Hotmail (Windows Live), Google Mail (Gmail) and Microsoft Exchange Server.
Runs in the background and shows on your desktop Taskbar when mail is received on your mail servers. A balloon pop-up notification shows you when new mail arrives, and you can even play your own sound file.
You can then choose to view each mail header, without downloading the mail itself onto your computer, and choose what to delete or keep.
It uses minimal resources and has a small footprint, so negligible impact on memory and CPU usage as opposed to having your normal mail client continuously running.
This is invaluable for removing potential viruses, spam and junk mail before they get anywhere near your computer.
Comes with comprehensive user guide.
Example task bar icon showing 5 unread mail messages:
Example screen showing unread mail headers:
A free trial version of Cobra Check Mail is available.
Trial time limit of 15 days and the following limitations over the full version:
All other functionality works the same as the full version, and also includes the full user guide.
- Only one POP3 server can be configured
- A maximum of 5 mail headers can be viewed
- Sound wav file option not available
Once the trial period is over you will no longer be able to view mail headers.
- Added refresh option to View Mail window
- Improved handling and recovery of lost server connections
- Various user interface improvements
- Fixed incomplete mail deletion error log entry
- Fixed View Mail window closing unexpectidly when cancelling mail header retrieval
- View Mail toolbar tooltips now work
- Various user interface updates and improvements
- Reworked threading model to improve performance
- Fixed install files copied into wrong folder
- Fixed crash when cancelling file deletion
- Multiple selection now correctly shown on status bar
- Enter and ESC keys now handled correctly
- Fixed crash exiting while connecting to mail server
- Minor user interface updates and improvements
- Added toolbar and status bar to View Mail window
- Fix to stop balloon being left displayed when no mail messages
- Fix to stop error icon being left displayed after error clears
- Added Check Updates facility to About box
- Added Uninstall option to Start/Programs menu
- Constrained balloon timeout setting to between 1 and 60 seconds
- Fix to prevent crash closing View Mail window when it is already closing
- Upgraded to support secure servers using SSL
- Fixed problem with connection timeouts viewing mail from multiple accounts
- Various minor improvements